Hospitality is the UK’s 3rd largest employment sector. In Cumbria it contributes over £3billion to the local economy. 20% of all jobs in Cumbria are in hospitality and tourism during high season. That’s almost 65,000-people!
Here’s some quick hospitality sector facts:
- Hospitality is the third largest private sector employer in the UK; double the size of financial services and bigger than aerospace, automotive and pharmaceuticals combined.
- The hospitality industry creates £130bn in economic activity and generates over £38bn of tax for the Exchequer, funding vital public services.
- Hospitality represents 10% of UK employment, 6% of businesses and 5% of GDP.
- 3.2m people are employed in the UK hospitality sector.
- In Cumbria, which includes the Lake District, the hospitality sector contributes over £3bn to the local economy.
- The hospitality sector includes hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, serviced apartments, pubs, nightclubs, contract caterers, entertainment stadia and visitor attractions.
There you have it! Hospitality is so important to both the UK and Cumbria economy.
Need to recruit staff for your hotel or restaurant in Cumbria and the Lake District?
Recruit North Hospitality are the leading hospitality recruitment agency based in Cumbria and the Lake District.
We recruit at all levels, within the hospitality sector, from entry level positions right through to senior management, both front and back of house.
With 40 years’ hospitality recruitment experience behind us, we know a thing or two about how to find, attract and recruit the right people for your business or helping you to find that perfect career opportunity.
If you are looking for a new permanent job, we offer a confidential, free, friendly and personal service whilst employers benefit from our recruitment expertise, professionalism and reach.
In both cases, our approach enables us to make permanent placements which precisely match the needs of both the client and candidate.
Hospitality is ultimately about people and that’s exactly why we champion personal service which is supported, and not replaced, by the very latest talent acquisition, applicant tracking, job board and customer service technology.
You deserve to work with the best so call us on: 01946 448765 or head over to Recruit North Hospitality Recruitment online.