Nine Cumbrian women have been selected as finalists for the 2023 Enterprise Vision Awards.
The EVAs are the UK’s largest business awards dedicated solely to women.
Now in its twelfth year, the event shines a spotlight on women from all business types.
This can range from social enterprise and small artisan businesses to ground-breaking innovators and global brands.
This year, there are nine finalists from Cumbria across all sectors. These are:
- Emma-Lea Dalton of Brizzolaris Bar, Dalton in Furness, (Hospitality Industry)
- Alice Chadwick of Chadwick and Partners, Windermere (New Business)
- Gina Pennington of Penningtons Tea & Coffee, Kendal, (Hospitality Industry)
- Joan Lind of Trybooking, Kendal, (Customer Service)
- Marianne Woodend of the Bakery at No. 4, Kendal, (Hospitality Industry)
- Vicky Hutchinson and Carol Wallace of Creative Hutch, Carlisle, (Creative Industry)
- Karen Walsh of Paramount Legal Costs, Carlisle, (Professional Services)
- Elaine Southward of HiDef Aerial Surveying, Workington (Business Woman)
- Karen Jones of Home to Work, Cleator Moor, (Not For Profit)
The finalists are considered role models to inspire the next generation of female entrepreneurs. These women already play an active role in the community and are important contributors to the economy.
The Cumbrian woman were selected from almost 1,500 nominations and entries.
Regional enterprise manager Heather Waters said: “NatWest is delighted to support the EVAS for the tenth year running as the Headline sponsor.
Last year’s EVAS winner, also from Cumbria, was Amanda Wilson of the Pie Mill, Keswick.
She said: “Winning the Hospitality Industry Award last year gave me a surge of confidence in my own abilities and a boost for the team who have supported our goals through unprecedented times of economic and personal challenges.
“The EVAS has been a valuable way to promote our brand and attract new customers as well as making wonderful friends and connections throughout the whole process. Good luck to all the finalists.”
There are 18 awards to be won as well as the highly coveted Outstanding Achievement Award. The high calibre of the entries has increased the pressure on the judging panel who will be responsible for choosing this year’s winners at the next stage.
The awards ceremony will take place at The Winter Gardens in Blackpool on Friday 29 September. For further information visit the EVA website.