Cyber Security Trainer
Our award-winning client is looking for someone who is passionate about cyber security to join their team as a Digital Skills Lead (Cyber Security Trainer).
The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging and delivering sustainable cyber security training, both locally (West Cumbria) and regionally (North West England).
Your new job
- Develop and deliver a sustainable and engaging educational programme for students enrolled on a level 3 qualification in Cyber/IT Security.
- Make best use of technologies/platforms to ensure an inclusive and engaging lesson while ensuring progression of student learning.
- Work with key programme stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of the programme and its delivery.
- To work in collaboration with the Head of People and Skills on the development of a successful programme of Cyber Security Skills including NCSC CyberFirst STEM programme sustainably year on year.
- Stakeholder engagement within industry & education, to support the successful recruitment of adequate student numbers for delivery.
- Engagement with Cyber Graduates & Apprentices to manage successful CyberFirst delivery.
- Delivery of CyberFirst Programme content both locally & nationally (where required).
- Engagement and school liaison to recruit students onto the CyberFirst programme.
- Company engagement regarding Cyber related opportunities.
- Consult and inform on company policy and procedure in relation with Cyber Security best practices and resilience.
- Inform staff on Cyber Security Best Practices.
- HNC (Level 4) in IT, networks and security or related field, (or relevant experience).
- PGCE or Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (desirable or willingness to achieve)
- Flexible with strong communication skills & the ability to portray technical aspects of IT & Cyber Security.
- Good, rounded knowledge on technical areas of IT & Cyber Security.
- Ability to work with students aged 13 or over.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and outgoing.
- Able to establish productive relationships with people at all levels.
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Commercially aware and customer focused.
- A positive and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage own workload and tasks.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills.
Salary and benefits
- £38,220 per year
- Permanent staff position
- 37.5 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave allowance plus bank and public holidays with the option to buy additional annual leave
- 5% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life Cover – 1 x salary
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorships or immigration advice.