Assistant Housekeeping Manager
We have a fantastic career opportunity for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager to join an esteemed and successful 4-star hotel in the Keswick area which is within the Lake District National Park, Cumbria.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a a strong guest-centric approach, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to excel both as a team player and an individual.
Your new job
Working closely with the Head Housekeeper, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Room inspections.
- Daily task organisation.
- Linen procurement.
- Upholding exacting standards in room and public area maintenance.
- Engagement with the team.
- Interaction with guests.
- Experience in a similar role within a Four-Star Hotel.
- A commitment to delivering exceptional service, with a “nothing but the best” attitude.
- A willingness to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Exceptional attention to detail to maintain the highest standards throughout the hotel.
- An ability to provide warm and friendly customer service that engages both guests and team members.
- Previous experience in housekeeping is essential.
Salary and benefits
- Salary of £25,000 per year.
- Paid overtime.
- Live in accommodation may be available (including meals, internet, laundry facilities etc.
- Generous staff discounts – 50% off food & up to 50% off accommodation at sister hotels, restaurants and bars.
- Career progression – Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform.
- Learn while you earn – Apprenticeship training up to level 6.
- Staff meals for all staff whilst on duty.
- Staff Discounts at many of the Lakes local attractions.
- Regular division of gratuities.
- Pension scheme.
- Working in supportive teams of hospitality professionals.
- Yearly staff appreciation awards hosted by the Directors.
- Free staff Employee Assistance Programme.
- Outstanding employee of the quarter award.
- Refer a friend scheme to earn up to £500.
- Monthly staff prize draws.
- 28+ days holidays increasing by one day every year after 5 years, up to 33 days.
- Annual salary reviews.
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorships or immigration advice.