As opportunities for Head Chefs in the Lake District go, this is one of the best career moves you will ever make. This employer is committed to career development and promotes, wherever they can, from within.
You will be joining a highly regarded management team within a successful and focused hotel business.
This position will appeal to you if you have a minimum of two years’ proven experience at Head Chef level within a 4-star hotel and rosette awarded restaurant.
Banqueting experience is essential (they do a lot of amazing weddings).
Our client is looking to appoint for this role in the New Year, however you can apply to us now.
- Established Head Chef with a luxury hotel and high end dining background
- Ability to lead and develop a team of 10 staff
- Good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing
- Experience of monitoring health & safety, COSHH, allergens and food safety procedures and documentation
- Desire to develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen, ensuring high standards are maintained in the quality of food, both as to its preparation and presentation
- Banqueting experience
Salary and perks
- Salary of £45,000 to £50,000 per year – 45 hours per week
- Paid overtime
- Generous staff discounts – 50% off food & up to 50% off accommodation at sister hotels, restaurants and bars
- Career progression – Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform
- Learn while you earn – Apprenticeship training up to level 6
- Staff meals for all staff whilst on duty
- Staff Discounts at many of the Lakes local attractions
- Regular division of gratuities
- Pension scheme
- Working in supportive teams of hospitality professionals
- Yearly staff appreciation awards hosted by the Directors
- Free staff Employee Assistance Programme
- Outstanding employee of the quarter award
- Refer a friend scheme to earn up to £500
- Monthly staff prize draws
- 28+ days holidays increasing by one day every year after 5 years, up to 33 days
- Annual salary reviews
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorship or immigration advice.