Stunning hotel and restaurant, in the Keswick area of the Lake District in Cumbria, is looking to welcome a professional Sous Chef to their team following their recent refurbishment.
The property is 4-star and the restaurant has one rosette and the perfect candidate will have worked in a similar setting.
You will be second in command in a kitchen team of seven and will work very closely with the Head Chef.
- A professional Sous Chef with fine dining experience.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management.
- An understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Ability to negotiate prices direct from suppliers.
- Flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Stable work history.
Salary and rewards
- Salary of £32,000 per year – 45 hours per week
- Paid overtime
- Live in accommodation available (including meals, internet, laundry facilities etc) £240 – £300 per month
- Generous staff discounts – 50% off food & up to 50% off accommodation at sister hotels, restaurants and bars
- Career progression – Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform
- Learn while you earn – Apprenticeship training up to level 6
- Staff meals for all staff whilst on Duty
- Staff Discounts at many of the Lakes local attractions
- Regular division of gratuities
- Pension scheme
- Working in supportive teams of hospitality professionals
- Yearly staff appreciation awards hosted by the Directors
- Free staff Employee Assistance Programme
- Outstanding employee of the quarter award
- Refer a friend scheme to earn up to £500
- Monthly staff prize draws
- 28+ days holidays increasing by one day every year after 5 years, up to 33 days
- Annual salary reviews
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorship or immigration advice.