IT Support Engineer
Our Cumbria based client is a trusted partner to a growing network of customers who rely on them to take the strain of managing their IT.
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Engineer to join their small team of IT Field Engineers.
Your new job
- Providing IT support to customers in Cumbria.
- Updating and improving existing systems.
- Ensuring customers are using their systems in the most efficient way.
- Installing and supporting a wide range of servers and networks.
- Bug fixes and security updates.
- Aiding the remote support team.
- Fault rectification via remote services.
- Ideally you live in Cumbria or North Lancashire (or are planning to relocate).
- 2-5 years’ experience of working within an IT role.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Operating System deployment and support (Windows 10+, Windows Server 2016+).
- Virtualisation with Hyper-V.
- Active Directory (including Azure AD).
- Microsoft 365 administration and configuration.
- Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Cloud Services.
- Sound knowledge of Windows, iOS and Android deployment and management.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills.
- Network design & management including routing, switching, VLANS, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, Wireless LAN/WAN.
- Experience in backup solutions, bare metal restores and disaster recovery (desirable).
- Understanding of NCSC Cyber Essentials scheme (desirable).
- Knowledge of Cloud services (desirable).
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills (i.e., fitting rack mount kit in a cabinet and safe cable runs – desirable).
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with customers in all positions from board level downwards.
- Analytical thinking and be able to demonstrate a problem-solving mindset.
- Organised, focused and accurate.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Well-presented and have good written and verbal English skills.
- Full UK valid driver’s licence.
Salary and benefits
- Starting salary of £25,000 to £30,000
- Company pension
- Uniform provided
- Company van
- 5 weeks holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Permanent full-time job (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm)
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorships or immigration advice.