We have a fantastic permanent job opportunity for a Breakfast Chef , ideally with a quality hotel and restaurant background, to enhance the dedicated team within a very popular hotel in the Penrith area of the Lake District, in Cumbria.
Your new job:
- Opening the kitchen and ensuring all morning procedures are completed.
- Checking and signing for deliveries.
- Ensuring food quality and presentation meets the company’s high standards.
- Working to set guidelines and taking responsibility for the morning service.
- Maintaining a clean and organised work area.
- All food handling and safety guidelines are followed.
- Assisting the brigade with lunch service once breakfast service is finished.
- Shifts will include weekends.
- Hours are usually 6.30am to 3.00pm or 7.00am to 4.00pm – 5 days per week
- Prior experience as a breakfast chef within a quality establishment.
- Ideally a hotel background.
- Strong cooking skills and a passion for fresh high-quality food.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Stable work record.
- Flexibility to work early morning shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Salary and benefits:
- Starting salary of £24,500
- Paid overtime (at enhanced rate)
- Training and Development – Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform
- Hotel Academy – with Apprenticeship training up to level 4
- Staff meals whilst on duty
- Live in available, if required
- Provision of staff uniform where appropriate
- Regular division of gratuities
- Pension scheme
- Discounted accommodation and dining rates within sister properties
- Days out discounts
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorships or immigration advice.