We have a fantastic opportunity for a Pastry Chef to join an esteemed and successful 4-star hotel in the Keswick area which is within the Lake District National Park, Cumbria.
The ideal candidate, for this role, will have previously worked in a quality hotel and have gained their most recent experience in a fine dining environment.
You should also bring banqueting, in a luxury setting, and kitchen management experience to the table.
For you, the opportunity offers a great package of employee benefits, a chance to grow your career in the luxury hotel sector and a chance to showcase your talent and creativity.
Your new job
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections
- Create seasonal dessert dishes to enhance and complement the menus
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation
- Custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings
- Ensure that high standards are maintained in the quality of food, both as to its preparation and presentation
- Monitoring the stock
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert service
- kitchen management including stock control, HACCP
- General office related duties
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are adhered to receipt and storage of provisions; monitoring stock rotation and ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly
- Established Pastry Chef with a luxury hotel and fine dining background
- Experience of managing kitchens during the absence of the Head Chef
- Well versed in banqueting
Salary and rewards
- Salary of £30,000 – £35,000 per year – 45 hours per week
- Paid overtime
- Live in accommodation available (including meals, internet, laundry facilities etc)
- Generous staff discounts – 50% off food & up to 50% off accommodation at sister hotels, restaurants and bars
- Career progression – Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform
- Learn while you earn – Apprenticeship training up to level 6
- Staff meals for all staff whilst on Duty
- Staff Discounts at many of the Lakes local attractions
- Regular division of gratuities
- Pension scheme
- Working in supportive teams of hospitality professionals
- Yearly staff appreciation awards hosted by the Directors
- Free staff Employee Assistance Programme
- Outstanding employee of the quarter award
- Refer a friend scheme to earn up to £500
- Monthly staff prize draws
- 28+ days holidays increasing by one day every year after 5 years, up to 33 days
- Annual salary reviews
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorships or immigration advice.