RecruitNorthLtd Recruit North Ltd
A Great opportunity for a Head Chef is available at a high quality popular country house hotel which has a great reputation for offering its guests high quality dining in the main restaurant and lounges and superb afternoon teas.
The restaurant serves modern British dishes which are made using all fresh ingredients. This is a popular venue with both locals and guests staying at this destination hotel and is particularly busy during the summer season.
In this role of Head Chef you will be responsible for the running of all aspects of the kitchen and will work closely with the group executive chef.
Your new job
- Supervising, training, and motivating the kitchen team
- Planning and implementing new menus
- Producing, monitoring, and maintaining consistent food standards and quality across all areas
- Having total accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen
- Ordering, using nominated suppliers
- Achieving budgeted costs for food, wastage, and wages
- Stock control
- Daily briefings
- Kitchen cleanliness
- Ensuring all commodities are on-site at an appropriate stock level to service hotel guests
- Ensuring inductions and performance reviews are completed to evaluate individuals and the team’s performance to set agreed objectives
- Experienced Head Chef or Sous Chef
- Proven track record working in a high quality fresh food establishment.
- Starting salary of £35,000
- Training and Development – Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform
- Hotel Academy – with Apprenticeship training up to level 4
- Staff meals whilst on duty
- Live in available, if required
- Provision of staff uniform where appropriate
- Regular division of gratuities
- Pension scheme
- Discounted accommodation and dining rates within sister properties
- Days out discounts
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We do not offer sponsorship or immigration advice.