RecruitNorthLtd Recruit North Ltd
We are representing a major business which operates within the leisure and tourism sector. They are looking to recruit an Assistant Site Accountant who will be based at their Blackpool operation.
Your job will be to support the business by providing timely, reliable, and relevant management information and reporting.
Your new job
- Monthly Review of specific GL accounts for year-end accuracy and compliance.
- Assisting with the reporting of monthly management accounts and the reviewing of variances to forecasts and prior year’s results.
Supporting the year end audit.
- Review of quarterly VAT returns and other Tax areas in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review of Payroll costs to ensure accurate allocation in P&L.
- Finance admin reporting, for example ONS returns.
- Completion of monthly stock paperwork of large stock quantities.
- Completion to monthly payroll information to Payroll department.
- Non-Food related purchase ledger coding and process to Managing Director.
- Update of Asset Register.
- Involvement in the Debtors ledgers.
- Supporting Annual Budgets and forecasts.
- Assistance to site MD for reports and other financial analysis required.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required by the Senior Finance Team.
- Site point of contact for all payroll team member queries.
- Payroll will form a big part of this role.
- The role requires a confident and inquisitive individual with effective communication skills and capable of working alone as the Senior accountant is not on site.
- An all-round strong accounting background with a good attention to detail is essential.
- Knowledge and expertise of payroll.
- Fully proficient and experienced in using Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Xero an advantage.
- Willingness to learn new accountant and payroll/team rota systems.
- Flexibility is a key skill as required at month ends to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work alongside the Managing Director and Senior Management accountant.
- Modern office skills essential.
Salary and benefits
- £27,500 – £30,000 per annum (depending on experience).
- Permanent staff position
- 28 days holiday per year (including stats)
- Pension scheme
- Career progression
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (although can be flexible on hours).