Who we are
We are Recruit North Ltd. Our website addresses are : https://recruitnorth.co.uk https://recruitcumbria.co.uk and https://www.recruithospitality.co.uk/ and our trading names are Recruit North, Recruit Cumbria and Recruit Hospitality. We are a recruitment consultancy with bases in Cumbria, the Lake District and Lancashire.
As a recruitment company Recruit North Ltd needs to collect some personal data in order to assist you with your job search. This document sets out what information we need to collect and how we will use it as your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data.
Basis of processing your data: Legitimate interest (for the purpose of assisting candidates to find a job, processing of job applications and assisting employers to recruit staff. In all circumstances the candidate, or employer, will have first approached us by telephone, in person, email or by responding to a job board posting).
What data do we need to collect to help you find a job?
The information we need can vary depending on the type of work you are looking for but can include the below. We will only ask for data that we need to help with your job search.
- contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number).
- employment and education history, often as part of your CV
- Work related skills, such as language proficiencies or professional qualifications
- Passport or confirmation of your right to work in the UK.
- References from previous employment
- Extra information that you choose to tell us.
- Extra information that your referees choose to tell us about you.
We also collect information in the aggregate to provide ourselves with a better understanding of the users of our website including browsing patterns and preferences. This aggregated data, does not contain personally identifiable information.
Why do we process this data?
We process Personal Data as necessary to aid the recruitment process, to provide our recruitment services to you. Additionally, to provide you with marketing information including news, industry updates, events, and promotions. Where we provide marketing information to you, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
How do we collect data?
We can collect data from a number of sources including.
- Job applications via our website – When you apply for a job or register on our website you are providing personal information that will help us to understand and support you job search. By providing this information to Recruit North Ltd you are providing Recruit North Ltd with consent to process and store your personal data.
- Directly from you – You can send us your details or CV directly (e.g., via email) if you would like us to help with your job search. By providing this information to Recruit North Ltd you are providing Recruit North Ltd with consent to process and store your personal data.
- From third parties – We may come across your details if you have shared them on social media, the internet or other employment websites such as job boards. If we find your details via a third party, we will contact you for permission before processing or sharing them.
How do we process and protect your data?
As Recruit North Ltd collects personal data, we are called a ‘Data Controller’ and have legal responsibilities to use the data correctly and safely. All your data is held in our secure systems and is only shared with third parties for the reasons outlines in this document.
Your data can be used to:
- Assess your suitability for any vacancies we have, or you have applied for.
- Providing you with our recruitment services and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- Enabling you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts via our website for jobs we think you may be interested in
- Paying your wages if you work for one of our clients on a temporary basis.
- Verifying the information, you have given us or conducting any legal checks that our clients require before you can start work.
- Complying with our legal obligations
We may also use your data to contact you for customer service feedback so we can continually improve our recruitment services.
Who do we share your data with?
For the purposes of placing, you in a suitable role, we may share your information with The Workr Group and Easypay Services Ltd for the purpose of payroll and compliance and Zoho Recruit and Daxtra for the purposes of recruitment application tracking.
Trusted third parties
For payment and undertaking pre-employment checks, we may share your data with the following parties: HM Revenue and Customs, legal advisers, pension scheme providers and other suitable companies. We do not sell your data, nor do we share your information with marketing companies.
We do not share your personal data with any other third parties, except where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with our recruitment services as described above. The most common example is that we will need to share your details with a prospective employer (or their outsourced recruitment teams) in order to help you apply for a job.
Your personal data is stored on servers in the European Economic Area, and it is only transferred outside that area if you ask us to assist you in obtaining work outside the EEA territories. We will not disclose any information we hold about you to third parties without your express permission, with the exception of where the data is required to facilitate the recruitment process, or where the law requires it.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We comply with all legal requirements and may need to keep some of your details to comply with our own legal and financial disclosures.
Can you find out if we have any of your personal data?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and we want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. We are happy to remove or amend any information you think is inaccurate.
You can also ask us to delete all of your data at any time, but this means that we will no longer be able to help you look for a job. There may be some personal data that we need to keep for legal reasons.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com
Cookies and links to other sites
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the Website, to compile statistical reports on Website activity and to help us make recommendations that are relevant to you. You may update your internet settings to block these if you wish.
You may find links to other sites on the Recruit North Ltd website which are not affiliated with or part of Recruit North Ltd. These sites may contain their own guidelines on privacy. Recruit North Ltd cannot be responsible for their policies and use of data. As with any other Internet site you should practice reasonable discretion as to who you provide your personal details.
If you are client or prospective client, we will collect and use information about your organisation and you (or your recruiting managers) in order to market our recruitment services to you and provide you with our recruitment services. Information about prospective clients, clients and their associated contacts will therefore be processed because it is in our legitimate interests to do so, because it is needed to perform a contract or to bring or defend legal proceedings.
Anyone receiving marketing material from Recruit North Ltd has the right to opt out by using the links included in all marketing emails or the contact details contained in this privacy notice.